- 1 Here is how to link your PAN to your Aadhaar:
- 2 How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS:
- 3 Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card:
- 4 In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelled, follow these steps to make corrections:
- 5 How to Apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Online?
- 6 Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card:
- 7 How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status:
- 8 When is the Aadhaar-PAN link not compulsory?
If you want to know about linking PAN with Aadhaar then I think you have entered a good website. So let’s begin. Linking of Aadhaar with a PAN card has become mandatory as your income tax return will not be processed if your Aadhaar is not linked with PAN. Also if you have to do banking transactions over Rs. 50,000, you need to link your PAN card and Aadhaar.
Linking a PAN card with an Aadhaar card is very easy and the government has provided various methods to do it. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar card has been extended till 31st March 2023. However, now you have to pay a fee to link your Aadhaar with a PAN card. 1,000 for the same. Learn how to link Aadhaar with a PAN card online in this article below and link your documents quickly.
- Go to the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- If you haven’t already done so, register the account using your Pancard. Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your User ID.
- Once you have successfully registered your account, log in by entering your User ID Password and Date of Birth.
- When you log in, you will see a pop-up window, asking you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If you don’t see that option, go to ‘Profile Settings’ in the menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS:
To link your Aadhaar with your PAN card via SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format UIDPAN <12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>.
- Send SMS from your registered mobile number to 567678 or 56161 in the format mentioned above.
For example, if your aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, then you need to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to 567678 or 561.
Read also: सटका मटका रिजल्ट – Satta Matka Result Today
Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card:
Linking of PAN and Aadhaar card is successful only when all your details match in both the documents. If your name is misspelled, your PAN will not be linked to Aadhaar. You can change by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center or through the NSDL PAN portal. If there are errors in your PAN card, you can correct them by following these steps.
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website.
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for a correction of your name.
- Submit the signed digital document to get your PAN card details updated.
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL through the mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelled, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit the e-filing website of NSDL at https://goo.gl/zvt8eV.
- Select the option ‘Change or correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN card (no change in existing PAN data)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select an individual category and enter your details.
- Make payment and submit your form online after doing Aadhaar e-KYC.
- Your updated PAN will be sent to your address.
- Once you have your PAN card, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
Read also: MadrasRockers
How to Apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Online?
You can easily update/amend your details on a PAN card by following the below-mentioned steps :
- Visit the official website of NSDL e-Governance at www.tin-nsdl.com.
- Under the Services section, click on “PAN”.
- Click on “Apply” under the “Changes/Corrections in PAN Data” section.
- From the ‘Application Type’ dropdown menu, select ‘Change or Correction in Existing PAN Data/Reprinting of PAN Card (No Change in Existing PAN Data)’
- From the ‘Category’ dropdown menu, select the correct category of the assessee, for example, if your PAN is registered, select ‘Person’ from the list.
- Now enter your name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
- Fill out the captcha and click on “Submit”.
- Your request will be registered and a token number will be sent to the email id you provided. You can continue the process by clicking the button given below.
- After you proceed, you will be redirected to the form – there are three options for submitting your documents. , click on “Submit scanned image via e-sign to NSDL e-gov”.
- Fill in all the required details like your father’s name, mother’s name (optional), and your aadhaar number, and click on ‘next’
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you can update your address.
- Upload all required documents like address proof, age proof, identity proof, and PAN.
- You need to sign the declaration form and click on “Submit”.
- You will be redirected to the payment page Payment can be made through Demand Draft, Net Banking, and Credit Card/Debit Card.
- On successful payment, an acknowledgment slip will be generated. Applicant should take a print of it and send it to NSDL e-Gov office along with original proof of document. Also, attach two photographs in the space provided and sign across it. Write ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE’ on the envelope with the receipt number.
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card:
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is very important for all PAN cardholders because of the following reasons:
- After 31st March 2023, all PAN cards which are not linked to Aadhar will be deactivated.
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in addressing the issue of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name.
- Your income tax return form will not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar.
- The user will get a summary of the tax levied on him for future reference.
How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status:
To check PAN-Aadhaar link status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page i.e. https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html.
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Quick Links.
- Enter your PAN number.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button.
- Your Aadhaar – PAN link status will be displayed on your screen.
You are exempt from linking your Pan with Aadhaar if:
- You are an NRI.
- Residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Jammu, and Kashmir.
- Foreign nationals residing in India.
- Senior Citizens whose age is above 80 years at any time during the financial year.